Dr. Walter Salubro Reviews the Essential Core Training Exercises You Can Do at Home
Maple – Core training is an often neglected component to keeping your back fit, strong and to prevent back pain and injury. The scary fact is that 80% of people will be affected by back pain at some point in there life. That how prevalent low back pain is today. This means that 8 of 10 people you know, or 8 of 10 people you work with either have low back pain or have suffered from low back pain or will at some time get low back pain.
The key is prevention. You can keep your back free of injury and pain by doing simple things like core-training. You don’t need fancy gym equipment to do core training and you don’t even need a gym membership. All you need is a flat open floor space and your own body weight.
In video I posted below, I will demonstrate for you how to do core training exercises so you can strengthen your back and core muscles and prevent or reduce the likelihood of back injury. A strong, tight core is essential for back pain and back injury prevention.
There is a right way to do the core training exercises that I am demonstrating (watch the video) and there is a wrong way.
Here is what you want to avoid when you do core training exercises:
1. When you do the plank exercise demonstrated in the video, do not teepee your butt. That is, do not elevated your butt in the form of a teepee tent. This is cheating. It feels easier when you teepee your butt but you are not activating the core muscles and back muscles as effectively. Keep your body flat in the plank position. This is why it’s called a plank because a plank of wood is flat.
2. In the plank position, do not dip your stomach to the ground either. This happens when you begin to fatigue. Keep an eye out for this. When you dip out of the plank position, you are not activating your core and back muscles as well either. Stay in the flat plank position as long as you can.
3. The first two points above also apply to the side plank position. Keep your body straight like a board in the side position without dipping and without bending your hips.
4. The bridge position is like a reverse squat. Do not dip your buttocks to the ground. Keep your body flat.
5. When you do squats, the lower you get in the squat position the more effective and the squat exercise is for your thighs and your core. Keep your thighs parallel to the ground and your chest out in the squat position.
6. With the abdominal exercises, always tighten your ab muscles in the crunch position and don’t strain your neck by jutting your chin out.
Now watch the video to get a good idea on how to do these core training exercises properly. Enjoy!
If you like this article, please leave a comment and click in the Like button above.
** Copyright NOTICE **: This article was written by Dr. Walter Salubro and is copyright by Dr. Walter Salubro. Attribution is required for re-posting of this article.
Re-posting this article on your website or blog is permitted only if you credit the author, Dr. Walter Salubro and post a backlink to www.BackToHealthChiropracticCentre.com.
Suggested attribution: Article courtesy of Dr. Walter Salubro at www.BackToHealthChiropracticCentre.com.
By: Dr. Walter Salubro
Maple’s Family Wellness Chiropractor
Dr. Walter Salubro is a family wellness chiropractor who has been serving the Maple and Vaughan community for over 13 years.
Dr. Salubro provides chiropractic care to people all age groups. He has completed many post-graduate courses in techniques applicable to both children and adults. In addition to offering specific spinal adjustments and posture corrective techniques,
Dr. Salubro offers an extensive line-up of health and wellness workshops, exercise classes and a run-walk club to his patients.
Dr. Walter Salubro is dedicated to providing the highest quality chiropractic care for all of his patients. He is a 1999 graduate of the National College of Chiropractic and certified from the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice and the Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics (C.A.C.C.P.). Dr. Walter Salubro is Webster Technique Certified, certified and recognized by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA). Dr. Salubro caters to the specialized care of infants and pregnant mothers.
Maple & Vaughan’s Family Wellness Chiropractic Centre
A Village of Maple Chiropractic Clinic